The Forbidden Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Forbidden Forest Guest

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why, why, why, WHY?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ktsunami
Head Witch
Head Witch
Ktsunami

Why, why, why, WHY? Empty
PostSubject: Why, why, why, WHY?   Why, why, why, WHY? Empty6/25/2009, 5:14 pm

My biggest complaint about the entire series, is that I hate reading about the Dursleys at the beginning of every book. After the second book, we understood that Dudley is fat, dreadful and most likely smells a bit like salami. And Harry's aunt and uncle only vaguely resemble human-life. It gets boring, I feel like I can skip the first chapter and half almost.

Though I wonder if it's done just for that reason - I wonder if J.K. Rowling thought that she would make us so miserable reading about the Dursleys that we'd understand Harry better.

Thoughts - do you think it's bothersome? Do you suppose there's a reason Rowling does this?
Back to top Go down
https://forbiddenforest.forumotion.net
WTrocker
Reading Your Letter
Reading Your Letter
WTrocker

PostSubject: Re: Why, why, why, WHY?   Why, why, why, WHY? Empty6/26/2009, 2:38 am

Dudley is very annoying. I felt like finding him, slapping him a couple of times and telling him he sucks chicken eggs. I've always never liked him or the other two.

Maybe she did do it for a reason. I understand what Harry goes through after reading the books. I wouldn't like to live under a staircase for 11 years though, that's horrible.
Back to top Go down
Tesslehoff
Head Witch
Head Witch
Tesslehoff

PostSubject: Re: Why, why, why, WHY?   Why, why, why, WHY? Empty6/26/2009, 5:50 am

I told you what I think. If you want to drill something into someone's head, you say it over and over and over and over.... Like memorizing a phone number...but...Dudley....and don't worry, in the last two books it doesn't really talk about Dudders very much.....but their is still plenty of Harry moaning about how summer is suckishly boring. =)
Back to top Go down
https://forbiddenforest.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why, why, why, WHY?   Why, why, why, WHY? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why, why, why, WHY?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forbidden Forest :: The Basics :: Everything Else-
Jump to: